Friday, June 15, 2012

Figuring It All Out

You know how much I enjoy
reading about writers.
I really enjoy
reading about young authors.
Today I have a very special guest author, 
Selena L.C. Kramer

I write from my dreams, see I don’t remember my dreams much and when I do they are detailed and extraordinary. I like to write in the morning and late at night because I am a “night owl” and I can focus on my writing without my siblings bothering me. I never base characters on people, and I am not in my novels. I seem to love leaving myself hanging, because my dreams ended at the most exciting part. I like the good versus evil cliché, and you don’t really know who your friends are until their put to the test.

My first book is coming out in July, and I have been working on it for 2 years, not including the editing process. My dreams is to be a published author and its coming true, surprisingly it’s much easier to balance with my school life then I was lead on to believe. I do not expect to become huge, but I don’t care as long as my work touches one person. So I try to write with as much emotion as a person feels. I have write because it feels write, and when it doesn’t I don’t write. I may be a published poet, I have been for two years, I’ll find out tomorrow. I know its kind of silly I don’t know. My writing helps my anxiety, and sleep.

I am 16 so balancing school, social life, and being an author was very hard at first. Then I realized if I give myself time limits on how much work I do on everything every day I would be able to get everything done. When I get home I work out for a half hour, then my homework, dinner, then writing. I try to write 5 pages a day. Then after I study until I can sleep. During school I write when I have my free time in class after all my class work is done. This has helped me keep up my 3.87 gpa and get all my deadlines done. Still having my beta readers be done on time is a task that requires a lot of attention. I ask about how much time they need and how far they are about 3 times a week. It truly helps that most of them are at my school. I have to keep in touch with my editor and it helps she’s a relative. It’s stressful and fun to be a self-published author; well I will be in July. Having projects and deadlines on the same day freaks me out at first but I figure it all out.
________________________________
Selena Kramer is a native of Southern California. Presently the age of 16, she is a Junior in High School and the Author of The Bloody Dreams Series. Selena found her affection for writing in 3rd grade. Her poetry includes When its hard in High School, and Help!. Selena is currently working on the second book in The Bloody Dreams Series.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I treasure each and every word, so please leave one or two.