Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vintage Vacation Swap

My first swap.
And I was so very excited.
(if you haven't noticed, I get excited a lot)

I was paired up with the sweetest person,

If you've not met her yet, please stop by and say, "Hello."

So I put together a few things,
(she's already received her package so it's okay to share)


I decided to take Shannon to the mountains on her vacation.
To Wyoming.
This is the Grand Teton, in Grand Teton National Park.


Way up high, a rushing stream flows by
a resting place for climbers and hikers.

I sent her a vintage photo
of my husband's grandparents
on their honeymoon.
They went to a mountain lake
and fished.

Too cute, right?


Inside this is a beautiful blue Teton tourist plate.
Sorry, I forgot to take a pic before I wrapped it up.

I also forgot to take a pic of the cookbook I sent to her;
Inside are recipes from some of the best known restaurants in the Mountain West.
Some of my favorite places:
Brooks Lake Lodge
&
The Bunnery

There were recipes for things like peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
Which I baked and sent to her
(after taste testing a few - dozen, of course)
Every vacationer needs a little journal
to write down memories
so here is Shannon's


And no vacation would be complete without a place to put special treasures found.

A little knitted treasure bag.

Everything was wrapped up:


And tucked away in a box,

With some goodies for her crafting,
And most important,
a little something for her special bulldogs,
Zoey and Annabelle

 And sent off.
Hope you enjoyed your vacation, Shannon! 

(Shannon, I just heard from Hubby
my box has arrived and is waiting for me
to get home later today. Yeah!!)


5 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sure Shannon enjoyed all of her goodies from you!! A vacation to Wyoming would be wonderful!! I have never been that far north and west. I adore that vintage picture of your loved ones on their honeymoon, so, so, sweet!! Enjoy your upcoming weekend, my friend, and thank you so much for coming by for a visit~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! Love the treasure bag and the vintage photo. It is cuter than cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Those photos are GORGEOUS!! Loving her presents you sent too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grand Tetons...
    {sigh}
    ...wish I were there!
    It all sounds lovely and
    what a special way
    that you captured the
    adventure and wrapped
    it up for Shannon.
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I treasure each and every word, so please leave one or two.