Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Being Scandinavian

I love being Scandinavian by heritage.
It has always been important to me.
Which is why, I guess, I spend time Scandi-crafting.
For example:

  
My Christmas socks.

I love the pattern.


I've also tried my hand at the following:


Up close:


A Swedish Embroidery Afghan

And, of course, Hardinger Embroidery too.


I also make Krumkaka.
it's pronounced krum with a long 'u' sound
and yes, ka ka
like you know what.
Here's the iron I use to make these delicious little cookies.


Then I also make something with this nifty little tool.
Can you guess what?


P.S. Thanks for all your support regarding 
my itsy bitsy teeny weeny 
red geometric patterned bikini.  :)



5 comments:

  1. You made those??? Unbelievable gorgeous! Wow, I'm impressed, DJ. How neat you have Swedish or Scandanavian ancestry. That krumkaka iron is just pretty to look at :) My sister's grandmother-in-law was Swedish. Her name was Clara Johnson and her parents immigrated to the US from Sweden. She lived to be 104.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING the photos.....AWESOME socks! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tin ceiling tiles?

    Lovely stuff! I especially love the afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My My husband is originally from Minnesota. we wer were just there this past weekend. It's
    always great to go home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very talented lady. All the things you featured today are great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I treasure each and every word, so please leave one or two.