Monday, May 24, 2010

Fishing Wyoming Style

While I was born in Minnesota,
I lived more than half my life in Wyoming
And my husband was born and raised there.
So fishing, fly fishing is a favorite past-time.
For example, here is a photo of my husband and one of our grandsons on their first fishing trip together. 

This was taken moments before my grandson started to cry
right after my husband demonstrated
how to 
catch and release.
My grandson didn't forgive him until they were able to catch another one.
The photo was taken on one of our last Wyoming fishing trips.
Last because, well it was July
and there was snow outside the tent.
Yes, we sleep in a tent.
  
Well, we moved to Arizona to get away from the cold,
but we missed our "Wyoming fishing."
A couple of years ago
we met a fishing guide in Greer, Arizona.
We explained our need to fish Wyoming style.
He was a kindly man, and knew exactly what we were looking for.
He showed us a map and gave us directions
where to park
where to walk
and how many times we'd have to cross the river to get to the place few had tread before - to fish Wyoming style.

This is a favorite spot of ours.
Last summer we never made it up.
But we are thinking about planning a long weekend.
This is what we will see:

 
The last time we went my daughter came and fished with her father


And of course, we had the dogs.
Autumn was a puppy then.


 One more cute puppy photo just because:


Grown now, I wonder how she'll do.
 Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Hello! It's so nice to meet cha=0) Thank you for stopping by and entering my giveaway(*fingers crossed*), it may be you!

    What great photos you take! I love the one below of hydrangeas....my favorite=0) I just sold a necklace with a painting of hydrangeas. I shed a big tear when I shipped it off to Spain(sniff, sniff). If you want to see it, it's on my right side bar.

    Hope you have a great day=0)
    xoxo,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be able to fly fish. I tried once just to see if I had the grace of movement. Thus, I was a failure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such fun! My dad worked at a fly fishing shop for a while in New Mexico. I love seeing the Boston so much every time! :) I'm an indoor city girl and don't really love the camping anymore, although I had a wonderful time camping as a kid with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was raised in northern Arizona. I'm so glad you found Greer. It is beautiful up there. My husband loves to fish too. I love to read a book while he fishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS photos!!! And wowwwwwwwww...I didn't know that we had that spot here!! How wonderful! :):):):):):):):):):):):):) I want to visit Santa's workshop in greer someday! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Looks like a lovely spot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi that looks like so much fun! Beautiful photos as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been fishing, not sure I want to...but I would enjoy the scenery:) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all your puppies!!

    Have a wonderful weekend~~~

    Thank you for your kind comment on my PINK post:)

    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet little friends you have. We also have a little Boston named Toby who is the most arrogant little pooch ever! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fly fishing is an art, I know because I've tried a few times. I truly wish I had someone to teach me, although I know it really takes years to learn everything. So nice to read this post. From a frou-frou fashionista who is really happy to meet you. xx's Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello, love your beautiful puppies.
    Big hugs, joey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I treasure each and every word, so please leave one or two.