Friday, January 22, 2010

What writer's do.

Writing is a way of talking without being interrupted. ~Jules Renard, Journal, 10 April 1895

Found this quote today and absolutely love it! Yes, this explains it all. Why I love writing so much.

I'm sitting here this morning talking with my mother. She sits in her urn on the mantle of the fireplace. I will admit the conversation is a bit one-sided, but not completely.

As I write the words down I can hear her voice in my head, "I can't believe you would talk about something like that."

Oh Mother, that's what writers do!

1 comment:

  1. Talking without being interrupted...I like that! My conversations with my Mom who has Alzheimers is one sided too now. But they are conversations none the less!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I treasure each and every word, so please leave one or two.